Thursday 18 December 2008

Just hit the motherload...!

So I'm back in Hpool and apparently they've decided to throw out like half of their kids books and are selling them off at 10p...They have some amazing ones (which I now own >.>!) and the majority are in really good condition (don't think Hartlepudlian kids read very much >.>). I bought like 35 today, which was as much as I could carry so I'm probably gonna go back tommorrow to buy more. I was wondering if people wanted anything buying for them...like stuff that I wouldn't want for myself..Emil Gravett...Shirley Hughes...stuff like that? I can buy them and give them to people when we get back...they're just so cheeap...I'm also going to buy all of Asterix and tintin because they're selling those too...! -dies in a happy flourish of discount books-

http://deadmendontbite.blogspot.com/

And here are most of them (i couldn't find some of them online!)

8 comments:

Chiu said...

Hi Jess! Yes please! For the picture book module could you buy me:

Two Can Toucan
The Lorax
Rosie's Walk
The Birdwatchers
The day I swapped my dad for two goldfish
wolves
Stanley Bagshaw
Next Please
Professor Puffendorf's secret potions
Mrs Armitage Queen of the road

and anything else you may think useful or I like - up to 5 pounds worth if you can carry it all :)

cheers! And we need to buy the tickets for angouleme - we need to sort it out when I'm back tuesday the 23rd - okay?

Jess Watson said...

o.O They only have one of alot of them and I already bought them xP! So in a way I was teasing you with what i bought >.> I'll go back tommororw and re search everything and buy anything I think will be useful...its only 10p so I dont really care if I buy some stuff nobody wants...! I'm getting my parents to bring me back so I can bring much back as possible!

Guy Morris said...

Aup Jess! That would be sweet if ya could do that. Would be muchly greatful!.

Just took a look at the list you put up.

Tintin.
David Mckee 'Two Can Toucan
Simon James 'The Bird watcher's'
Tony Ross 'Iwant to be a cowgirl'
Tony Diterlizzi 'Ted'
'this way'
Shirley Hughes
Edward Ardizzone.
If theres more copies of these there.

Maybe see if they've got any Beatrix Potter, E.H Shepard
Helen Oxenbury. There all pretty cool.

Anything along the same lines.

But anything would be greatly appreciated. As much as you can squeeze for 10 coins. Text us ur bank details and I can put the money straight across for u's.

Thanks very much Jess.

Jess Watson said...

nah its fine, I'll just buy everything I can find and then people can buy them back off me when we get back(at 10p...I'm not an ebil money grabber like the chiu XP)...I'll keep you updated after my visit tommorrow!

Chiu said...

there you go with the derisory comments again! I think you're well on the way to being an evil chiu.
The Dark Side of the Force is strong within you, it is!

Jess Watson said...

shush yoda..shouldn't you be in bed getting ready to kick swiss people xP?
Good luck in the grappling/wrestling/brazilian kung fu you're going to do though! I'll sort out the times and stuff for when you get back...seems to have gone down a £1...so...boyah >.>

Jellysock said...

Hey Jess, if ya still doing it would you be able to get:

Simon James My friend Whale
Georgie Ripper, My Friend Bob.
Emily Gravett Wolves.

That would be great :) Hope it's not too late!

:D

naomi said...

any spare tintins you acquire i would be more than happy to relieve you of.........
:)