Monday 15 December 2008

Museum Collection - second visit

Thanks Johan for coming along! There were only six of us in the end, but we made a good go of it.

We only had 2 hours this time but I tried to do more drawings. There were loads more items put out this time in the large 'Indiana Jones' room. Take a look at the new photos we got if you like here on Flikr.


I once again became seduced by the masks and the small African sculptures. I love how many ways a face can be depicted - great for characters!!


Here I have used some more interesting grounds for my drawings and tried using a fountain pen instead of my trusty fineliner.


Here are some other random sketches I did. I was trying to draw things I wouldn't usually draw - like cars and typography!

It was good to go a second time; I gave the camera to Alec, so I was able to draw more, ha! Next, though, I think it's off to the Henry Wellcome Collection in London for me.

2 comments:

Jess Watson said...

Wow, your drawings are really beautiful! And you did so many...I only managed to do like 5 and I was there for a whole day >.> Good photos too. Sorry I didn't make it, been ill all week and I didn't think my dying body would appreciate sitting in that cold warehouse o.<...and I really wanted to as well!

Rosemary Chalmers said...

Thanks Jess :) I think I'm speeding up with my drawings now, I didn't think they were beautiful though lol.

No worries dude about not making it, there is something going around, I'm ill now too! Maybe it was sitting in the cold like you say, so it's probably wise you didn't go!

Hope your feeling better and all is well,

Rose