Wednesday 30 July 2008

my other abc book idea ( me and mr d)


This is first version of my first two pages of my book me and mr d, this is no way aimed at children i might add.

im still stuck in my ways about not adding colour to thid book as i personally think ( unlike anyone else i show this book idea to) that i should stick

to black and white as the story it self is not a colourful one so i think the black and white skeme suits the mood of the book.

im sort of happy with it....the only thing that im really not sure on is the buildings in the background and im not really sure if the drawing looks flat.

i hate adding backgrounds to my characters, even though i surpose its enevitable that i will have to if i wish t continue to create picture books, but for a first attempt im pretty pleased.

i will be putting up the thumbnails for the whole book in the next week theres just a couple of kinks i need to sort out.

4 comments:

Chiu said...

I like your use of pencil and ink to define different kinds of contrast, I would however be more bold with my range - especially if you choose not to engage with colour. I thought the buildings were okay - the leaves of the tree are just stunning!!

Anonymous said...

cheers Chiu, i might have a bash at using charcoal. i'll try and get the thumbnails up for the whole book by next week.
the storys alright i just need to play around with the composition on some of them.

Jess Watson said...

Woah Lee, this is really amazing! I think you're right to avoid colour, the linework alone works really well and I think any colour would just distract. I think the background works as a flat thing...if you put too much detail/perspective etc in again it will just distract...I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing!
Jess

Anonymous said...

awwwwww nice one jess and dats what i thought, da backround wud take over and i just want the tree and the 2 charracters to be da main focus. cheers jess