Friday 16 January 2009

Final Business Cards!






They've been sent off to print so these are the FINAL FINAL ones. I figured I'd have a range for different circumstances- two slightly daft for giving to other artists/individuals who still look like they have a sense of humour in tact, one with an example of my comics, one with an example of my other illustration work. The back is the same on all of them. 

I'm getting them done with moo.com who offer 50 for a tenner (more like 13/14 after postage is added). I've seen other cards printed there and thought the quality/paper was pretty decent- sort of semi-matte-semi-gloss satin finish and fairly thick stock. Also, moo was one of the only places I found who were honest about their pricing- lots of other sites offered similar deals but when you read the fineprint there were LOTS of restrictions- such as only one-sided, including the printer's logo, or only having a very limited set of templates which you had to use. Also it was pretty standard for printers to charge over the odds for wanting to place your own artwork on rather than using their shoddy clipart. I'll post up the result when I get them through the post, but for the design process I will say Moo had wome very nice design tools which let you check and double check and edit the way your card would look in the flesh- giving warnings about cropping and ratio and loads of other potential pitfalls.

I'm trying to create a visual brand/identity with the the combination of fancy twiddly typography, strong black and white, and the inclusion of a little texture (the paper background)

2 comments:

Chiu said...

I thought they were brilliant - The first two very witty and very giveable to clients too! If I had to look up an illustrator with the work you have to offer, you're card would spring to mind immediately - believe me, there are so many "take themselves soooo serious illustrators" that to have humour like yours is precious!

The only thing I didn't like was the brown paper - I think you should find something cream of a Victorian quality

Debbie Lambert said...

They've arrived today, four days before they were predicted to, and they look really decent. Definitely recommend MOO for their service. Will put a post up with photos in a few.

Yes!I hate sanctimonious illustrators! Pretentiousness is the biggest barrier in the way of improvement!

Brown paper- I have a slight obsession with it right now I'm afraid- hopefully it's just a phase...