Friday 22 August 2008

Anansi Again

Well, if you don't answer, it means I can help myself, Anansi said.
Anansi went to the pot and he ate and ate until his belly was full.

Death made a rush at him. Anansi fled.
They ran and ran, until they arrived at the village.

Heres my next attempt at the anansi story (Anansi and Death just to point out). I quite like it...I've really been struggling to make anything remotely worth while so I'm happy to make something that is semi acceptably...Not sure I like it enough to enter it (I'm still not that great at computer colouring) but after so long making nothing I really liked or thought decent this was great since I did them both in an afternoon.

Both are double page spreads, just within the measurements of Anansi (40cm by 60cm...providing that applies to it being so either way...I wouldn't mind some input on that question >.>") Equivalent to two A4 pages.

I'm gonna try them out in black and white and see how they look.

Does anyone have any clue how long it would take for a first class recorded delivery parcel to make it to France? I'm aiming to have it finished within the next week...the deadline is the 9th Septermber....so I need to know how long it'd take...

Anyway this is what I have so far, I may change it...I've got a basic storyboard done for it...might try as many as I can and then pick from them!

3 comments:

Chiu said...

Well, if you don't answer, it means I can help myself, Anansi said. - do I here some one having a dig! hahahahah!

well you certainly can help yourself:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump1?catId=400023&mediaId=400033

I would say that the page layout should either be horizontal or vertical, not a mixture of both, unless it has some significance with the story

Jess Watson said...

Can my reason be....err...that...i like it that way ;_; yeh ok i'll look at that...I'm currently doing the village one in black and white and thinking I prefer it >.>...So we'll see...I'll put it up once i'm done..

And I did help myself as soon as I asked the question it occured to me just to check XP!

Another question...Is anyone else entering?

Chiu said...

I think Johan is! I'm not, as it isn't in my literary area of interest, and I'm focusing more on turning my own stories into books