Sunday 31 August 2008

In for advice and tutorials

Hi all!

If anyone is back in Brumland I am available for advice and tutorials. Email me to confirm a time.

Jess! The concept of using less literal forms to depict the story is fine, the line work looks like it was done as a monoprint, and if it isn't then that would be a really interesting route to take, as it would help you increase the tonal values and textures - apart from the eyes and mouth of the horned creature, there isn't much contrast, and this makes it difficult for the eye to be led around.

I like the concept of hand written type integrated into the melting pot, but again it's far too rough to be appreciated for what it could be.

All in all I would say it was a good rough to develop further compositional and tonal sketches upon.

2 comments:

Rosemary Chalmers said...

Hey Chiu,
Thanks for the advise. I hadn't thought about monoprint, I may try it with this drawing for my own benefit later, but for time reasons to get it posted off for the deadline I will work on the contrast, tonal values and texture on Photoshop. It's cool that my drawing looked like a monoprint, it was just a photocopy just to make my pen lines less intense and the whole drawing more solid.
I will post my results soon, and my work on the Death character too.

By the way, it's Rose not Jess!!

Chiu said...

hahaah! sorry Rose, the drawing looked like very similar to Jess's style that it completely slipped my brain!